Present and On-Going Projects
- Boat US Foundation Bilge Sock Program
- Supported EPA No Discharge Zone for Long Island Sound
- Participants at Harborfest (June each year)
- Participants at North Hempstead's Ecofest at Clark Gardens (May each year)
- Participants at Port Washington Nature and History Fest
- Participants at Clark Gardens Earth Day festivities
- Participated in planning and created brochure design for new festival, Long Island Sound Day (held 4/2/2011) with Theodore Roosevelt Sanctuary and 9 other groups
- Preparing and installing interpretive signage around the bay (3 signs coming soon atReceived Boater Pollution Prevention Grant
- Sunset Park: watershed information
- Baxter Pond: waterbirdsl/feeding (geese, mallards, green-wing teal, hooded merganser, northern pintail, summer - black-crowned night heron, Snowy and great egret)
- Mill Pond: colonial history/mills/changing landscape ponds
- Elected Officials boat tour (June 2010, 2011)
- Participated as a judge in the Long Island Envirothon
- Produced a series of three TV shows (in conjunction with Hempstead Harbor Protection Committee and the Town of North Hempstead) and broadcast them on the Town of North Hempstead's cable channel.
- Distributed window clings with Manhasset Bay and HHPC information.
- Provided written comments on Great Neck Sewer District Draft Environmental Impact Statement.
- Organized annual beach cleanup (11th year).
- Tested water quality weekly from spring to fall and checked results to see if any unusual readings or trends occurred
- Worked to develop an emergency notification procedure and contact list for spill events in conjunction with TNH Waterfront Advisory Commission.
- Included spill containment kit for TNH Bay Constable in successful LI Futures Fund grant
- Participated in webinar on pathogen modeling
- Conducted a water monitoring program with North Hempstead Bay Constable and Nassau County Dept. of Health
We want to hear from you!
Please send us any comments, questions, etc.
15 Vanderventer Avenue, Port Washington, NY 11050
Copyright © 2004 Manhasset Bay Protection Committee -
Last modified: January 2006
Template © Copyright 2001. All rights reserved.
Contact: JimWORLD Powered by Free Site Templates